Wednesday 25 June 2014

520 chain

With 30mm jack-up-dog bones kit off my large list of need to get parts list and with the jack-up kit fitted as well as the last link finally taking out of the 520 chain I can now recheck my work in June of last year' O god was it that along age.













I will need to fit a new chain slider but at the moment the old one is in place which needed some reshaping to fit in and the new slider will need the same doing to it. I need to spend my ready money on items more need in-keeping the build moving along.

The chain clears the outer wall of the tyre.


Rechecking previously chain adjusted I'm now very confident that I have the right offset on the front sprocket from TALON  and the milling on the rear sprocket hub (see very bottom photo) the chain engages with both sprockets nicely, wheel and chain spins freely with all the right gaps in all the right places.

I'm sure the new chain is as align as the old chain every was, it only waits to see how well it all perform once the bike is back on the road...I can dream! .









There's a fair gap around the gear shift rod.


If you have the rear sprocket hub machined; make sure the machinist doesn't remove the thin sprocket alignment lip!

I think the photo shows the rear sprocket hub before machining?.
 

No comments: